Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Top 5

So I've been hounded by a few people to give my top albums of 2008 and I realize that it is a little late, but that's ok, we're just 7 days into 2009 so here are my favorite albums that were released in 2008.

5 - Seeing Things - Jakob Dylan (I didn't like it the first time I listened to it, so I gave it a few more listens and now I have a hard time shutting it off and it ended up on my top 5)

4 - Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer EP's - Jon Foreman (I know those are 4 different albums in and of themselves, but they are too hard to pull apart for me and since I just did a top 5, they will have to work so get over it.)

3 - Thing of the Past - Vetiver (The title fits the music that follows when you open and place the CD in and listen. Just like a good beer, Thing of the Past is smooth and golden.)

2 - Pink & Blue - Waterdeep (If you don't know this band, shame on you. They always surprise me with a new sounding album and this one is no different. With a mix of thought provoking, trippy and melodic, upbeat, intriguing and spiritually cognitive. Give it a listen)

1 - Viva la Vida - Coldplay (Just when you think you have them figured out, you realize you don't.)

So there you have it. . .I was going to try to do a top ten but I had trouble finding albums that I liked that much to go there, so you are stuck with 5, sorry. I will give an honorable mention, Simple Times by Joshua Radin and Gossip in the Grain by Ray LaMontagne, but I just couldn't put them on the list, but thought they should be mentioned at least.

3 comments:

Derek said...

Tim, we should get together sometime and play cards, or just relax and drink a beverage. Skinner and I have talked about it some, but we need to make it happen. Would you want to come up to play cards in Marion some time? Also, good top 10. I miss hearing good music, my ipod is broken and i just don't try hard enough.

Derek said...

hmm, i said top 10, but it is 5.

J. Andrew Camp said...

Hey brother. I didn't know you were involved with the blogosphere. This is exciting news; I can now go through your blog and pick apart the things I don't like.

Sadly, I can't start picking apart today. 4/5 of your top 5 have given me some level of enjoyment (Pink & Blue had a decent first listen today). Good call, brother.