Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Change of scenery




So I finally got out this year on the trail. My first time riding Indiana trails and I think it was a bad idea to try yesterday. My brother was in town for his spring break/easter weekend and he had just got a new mountain bike and I haven't had a chance to get out and go biking since we've moved up here. So I thought, hmmmmm, perfect time to get out, hang out with Ben and to try out my new clipless pedals (which I don't know why they call them clipless, cause they have clips).

Well the pedal idea worked great. I felt a little more comfortable riding with them then I did the last time. It was nice to get out and actually ride my bike on a trail.

But boy oh boy was it a mistake to pick that day. It was about 40 degrees and the wind was howling around and the air was freezing. I'm not sure my lungs have felt that bad since I was a baby and had fluids in my lungs and had to sit in a pumpkin seat my first few weeks of life (I don't remember that, but its just a guess, my lungs reeeeally hurt).

Needless to say, through the pain of breathing for the next 3 hours, I enjoyed getting out and riding with Ben and spending some time with him. I don't usually get to spend much time with him so it was nice.


ps - no jacob my color change of my blog is not due to st. patty's day, just a change of scenery.

5 comments:

Going Weston said...

Fair enough...

TIM Fair enough

Going Weston said...

Oh, BTW...I clicked on the link you have for my blog and it went to an error page that said...there is not a blog with the name "Tosufferistohop," if you would like to sign up under that title click here...

anyways, I thought that name was hilarious. To suffer is to hop...that made my day.

Tim said...

Your welcome Jacob. Your welcome. Come see us.

Going Weston said...

I will. I wish I could see this card you supposedly sent me. And I finished the blog. I changed it a lot so start from the beginning. Cheers.

ragamuffinminister said...

good meeting you on sunday.

hugs and kisses,
jeph