Friday, April 25, 2008

What am I doing?

So now that I have been at the church for over 2 months, I think the honeymoon stage is over.

Every few years, probably 5 or 6 years, the church does this evening event called Friday Night Live. Yes just like Saturday Night Live, but they add their own little twists to certain acts. For example, this year they have Pep Talks with Harold. Just like the priceless pep talks with Peyton Manning, except its with Harold, who happens to be an 83 year old man that is about as big as my thigh, seriously, no seriously he is. A twist on Dancing with the Stars is also happening and different things like that.

Well they have roped me into doing a few acts. And for most of you who read this, you know I like to have a good time and have fun. Well getting on stage and dancing and lip singing is a whole 'nother deal for me. Well here are my two acts that my wife and I are doing this year. For those of you who are Spinal Tap fans, there is a movie called A Mighty Wind which is made by those same guys. In it their is a group called the Main Street Singers, well Court and I and all the staff and their wives are all in it and we make up the main street singers, in our cheesy outfits and our cheesy smiles. It's very interesting. Check this out for a video from the movie.

My second and last performance for the night will be a little dance number. Our senior minister here, Bob, was asked to dance the Napolean Dynamite dance. Well he didn't want to have to do it by himself so they roped myself and Court to dance as Pedro and Deb with him. So I am wearing my old man jeans, my cowboy shirt, and belt buckle and my fake mustache and Court is wearing her 80's gear for the dance that we have composed.

This will be a very very interesting night for myself and everyone watching, to see me on stage, dancing and lip singing.

I guess this could be kind of fun. If I get any video from it, I will post it for all of you to laugh at me and make fun of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am definitely hoping for video footage!

Going Weston said...

what a special church...to be thinking so outside the box that they could get Tim and Courtney to dress up and dance on stage. This will truely be a special evening.

Taylor said...

IIII...want this to happen so bad...in my living room. That's awesome, dude.