Thursday, August 03, 2006

No One Told me. . .

Well we made it up to Port Hope, Michigan, which is at the very tip of the thumb of Michigan. The first few days we were here it felt like we were in the fourth ring of hell it was so hot. It is an extremely laid back town and a very old town, which is really cool to see. Grandad has a ridiculously amount of antiques in the house and out in the two barns, its amazing to see. Today it finally cooled down and it feels amazing. We worked on fixing/making a new gate for the back yard, that was cool, for a while however I felt like I was just following them around like a lost puppy dog but things changed today and I was able to actually do some manual labor on the farm so that was fun. Ive been sleeping in a bed that I feel like was made in the 1800's and I feel like Ive been sleeping on a board, but hey Im not complaining cause its got a roof over top and its better then sleeping on the cement or something. No one told me it was this nice up here, this is my first trip to Michigan, first of many Im sure, but its been a good one and Im glad I was able to finally make it up here to see what Courtney will inherit one day. Its been good to meet some people up here and try to learn the history of Port Hope and all that jazz. We went to a graveyard last night and Grandad was telling me all about all the generations that were buried there and I couldnt keep up with him. It was Grandad's Great Grandfather that foudned the town of Port Hope so Courtney is the fourth generation, which was cool to see all of this. I would love to bring our friends up here one day and just hang out up here and to see this area and to just relax, that means you Bill and Betsy and Kenny and Nicole and Jake and whoever you might be with at that time, and Vaka and Shannon if they're still around this side of town and whoever else I may have forgotten, but we will pencil it in our scheldue books and see what we can do one day hopefully. This town is great for relaxing and catching up on some reading, when your not working on the gate or one of the other 3,487 jobs to do around here, but its still great. The town basically shuts down at 9:30 and the house has a beautiful big front porch that I love to perch myself on and just watch and listen and think.

Well we are getting ready to go out to eat, all the family so Im going to get off here. Oh and just to let you know. . .no one told me that I had to bring maybe some "nice" clothes up here for dinner. The guys dressed up nicely in polo shirts and either nice jeans or khaki's and the ladies all dressed up nicely and then here I am in old jeans, chuck taylor's and a good will t-shirt. I didnt bring anything else. . .oh well, nothing new to me though. .Ive always felt a little like the black sheep so no worries folks. . .I'll just keep on keeping on.

I'll see you all soon hopefully and Im reading a book on the Jewish culture and the Jews in the time of Jesus. . .interesing. . .goodbye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait:)