Friday, February 22, 2008



Man I miss those days. . .I think often about those days and think of how I have the best crew of friends. . and I miss them. . .


So Im helping teach a bible study on Wednesday nights for our high school group. . .and were going through the book of Romans. . .and this last week we went through chapter 5, which is a heady chapter, which could be said about most of the book. . .but in verses 18 & 19, he talks about justification. . .and I was reading a commentary on this and I found it to be intriguing and thought Id share. . .

"Christ's sacrifice on the Cross not only made possible "justification," but also "justification of life." Justification is not merely a legal term that describes our position before God; but it results in a certain kind of life. . . In other words, our justification is the result of a living union with Christ. And this union ought to result in a new kind of life, a righteous life of obedience to God."

I'll tell you why I like this. . .in my short 25 years of living and growing up in the church, we have this pandemic in our churches. . .which is not a new one and most leaders of the church recognize it. . but these few verses call us to have responsibility. . .there has been very little responsibility and even expectations for us from the church to have been reading and studying and wrestling through scripture. . .but this verse tells me. . .yes you have now changed with entering into a relationship with Christ, and since you have, there is an expectation of you living in this union with Him, a responsibility on you to live in this union and to have this life transformation happen.

I just like it because it tells us that there are expectations given to us as disciples of Christ and we have this responsibility placed on us. . .if we dont put effort into our marriage, it will fail.

No comments: