Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New beginning

So here is to a new start. . .we finally got up to Anderson, IN and this has been my first week working at Bethany Christian Church as the new Student Minister. I know I just started so its to be expected. . .but I still feel like a fish out of the water a little bit, with not knowing exactly what Im doing or where Im supposed to be, but thats ok, that will come with time Im told.

So with this new beginning and new job, I am also hoping that this will allow me to be able to blog more than in the past, which has been little to none. So for the 3 of you that might check this periodically, maybe you'll have something new to read every now and again.

Im also excited about hopefully the time that I will have to read, since that is part of my job now, learning new things and ideas and approaches, so Im excited about my to read list. . .here are a few that are on that list right now, I have way to many, but a few for you that are towards the top of the list. . .

Simple Church by Thom Rainer. . .
Son of Laughter by Frederick Buechner. . .
The be with factor by Bo Boshers. . .
Contemplative Youth Ministry by Mark Yaconelli. . .
Everything Must Change by Brian McLaren. . .
The Idea of a Christian Society by T.S. Elliot. . .

and many more. . but that will do. . .Im also finishing up Jim and Casper Go To Church which has been a real easy read and an interesting little book.

-Tim

4 comments:

Going Weston said...

Yay for blogging!

Betsy said...

agreed.

jason said...

you don't know me - i go to church with Bill & Betsy. but my college roomate from Kentucky Christian College lives in Anderson with his wife and kids and I know he used to go to Bethany. They were married there back in 1998 - I was in the wedding.

Andy & Jenny Bagienski are their names. If they go there, and you see them, tell them Jason said hey.

v.taimani said...

brother.. welcome back.. im making a comeback myself..